Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chapter 2

Is that bold at age 47 to start Chapter 2? Will I live to 94 1/2?  (doubled my age in case you couldn't figure out my genius at arriving at that number) It doesn't matter does it? Chapters don't have to be an equal number of pages, just the separation of the story into a natural structure. Maybe its really, Part 1 versus Part 11 or Book 1 and Book 2, but either way the story is introduced, we meet the characters, we get sucked into the story in Book 1, and then Book 2 we are completely vested in the events of the characters' lives (this is a good book). All the interesting things happen in Book 2. in Book 1 we see what formed the main  character and Book 2 we see the results.

With that said, I had my hysterectomy.  Am I being too dramatic? I waited till the second paragraph to mention it. It feels dramatic. It is.  I no longer am faced with the aches and pains of endomitriosis, I no longer am faced with inconsistent menstrual cycles, No more PMS (no M!) I can have some control over my hormones. At least I can try to stay in balance on my own without fighting the surges in my own body. Physically and emotionally I plan on feeling much better.

I am still in recovery mode so I don't feel like Superwoman or anything, but  I am surprised to note that my moods haven't changed drastically. I expected to be crying into my pillow or throwing my pillow at my husband, but neither one has happened. I still feel like me. a mellow me, a grateful me.

So more details to follow in this long journey. I plan on filling in some details of Part 1 of my life as I move forward in this blog, but for now I am anticipating Chapter 2. Here are some words I have rarely used that I plan on including in my life: adventure, freedom, boldness. Chapter 2 is the exciting part.

No comments:

Post a Comment