Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My First Blog

Inside I am screaming "My first blog!!!" but I know I have to start slowly so I decided to address my daily path to balance  ... my porch. This is the porch I have been dreaming of my whole life. I spend my mornings here, reading, writing, thinking and drinking hot coffee. Always hot, even in the summer.  I spend my evenings on this porch, usually with my husband, talking, watching the rain and having a glass of wine.  This porch brings me so much pleasure, its hard to describe. I feel very settled here. I sit with my feet up on a chair with my journal and pen, my computer, my phone and sometimes other reading material or lessons I need to plan. I've become quite spoiled by having this refuge and I feel a little decadent to devote this time to myself, but that is the point - to spend time with myself.  My mantra these days is "What do I want?" It is such a powerful question and it has taken me years to even consider this question or know I could even ask it. It brings me back to my core - my gut - my soul - the place where I am forced to listen and feel what is right for me. So a good day for me is the spend time here and allow myself to answer the question.

This is my view from the porch in Spring.  As I look out and (no one can see me - isn't that the best! no "oh hello!!! good morning!!! how are you today??" just me and my stuff and my thoughts), contemplate what my plan is for the day, I consider my responsibilities: work, family, friends, community and I really try to make my choices based on what I WANT. Not always easy to say no to people who demand of your time - but so satisfying in the long run.  Guess who benefits? everyone.  My children have a less anxious mother, my friends have a friend who wants to be there, my work is the best I can offer. I feel calmer. Whose life is it anyway?

So that is a step in the direction of my journey towards balance, just a small one, but its gets more powerful everyday.
Okay I don't sit on my porch during the winter (much) but its so pretty.
Ahhh, much better. We need some Fall pictures for inspiration - more the come...

No comments:

Post a Comment